View Single Post
Old 02-20-13, 07:15 PM   #1
Karl Heinrich
Soundman

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 2
[WIP] Hear yourself in SH - British Voice Pack mod now recruiting!

Hello all,

I am currently working on a British voice pack to accompany Royal Navy-playable mods such as "We Dive At Dawn" and the "Med Campaign" (whilst trying to negate some of the issues the default voices have). We will be doing replacment sound FX also, but the focus is the voices.

At the minute we're a pretty small band, but we want as many of you as possible. If you fancy yourself a bit of a voice actor and want to join us then post below and we'll send you a sample script.

It's not just voice actors we need. If you want to get involved another way, we would love scripting suggestions, historical advice and rather importantly, lovely people to test the pack.

With the actual scripting, we want there to be a little humour throughout (without being inaccurate), so each person's recording of certain lines may be a little different and a little characterful - with a few nods to the film We Dive At Dawn itself. Scripting suggestions welcome also - as I say accuarcy is paramount, but humour is good too where it doesn't conflict with accuracy. But this is by no means meant to be cartoonish, like a Carry On film - nor is it "In Which We Serve."

Without wanting to sound exclusive, we're only looking for native speakers from the UK and Ireland (unless you're a bloody good impressionist) as we want this to sound as natural and real as possible. And native speakers, don't exaggerate your natural accent, whatever that accent is, just speak as normally as possible Australians, Kiwis, Canadians et al are of course also welcome to join. Whilst I feel like a bit of a bugger in limiting contributions but this is only to ensure it as accurate as possible as I say - but the mod is of course for *everyone* to enjoy when it's finished.

Now mostly the recordings are likely to be done remotely, but where possible it would be great if we could all get together at somepoint and make a day of it (an unofficial Subsim UK meet up if you like). There is a fair bit of recording to be done so it is a bit of hard slog, but hopefully a rewarding one.

Apologies for the long, slightly waffly post - look forward to hopefully seeing some of you soon. It's quite likely that half of this won't make sense, and a lesson why I shouldn't write in a drowsy state, so if you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask. We want to make sure this is the best mod we can possibly produce for the community here.

In summary, if you want to help we're looking for:

- Voice Actors
- Script Editors
- Historical Consultants
- Mod Testers

Just post below if you're interested

Last edited by Karl Heinrich; 02-24-13 at 01:44 PM.
Karl Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote