View Single Post
Old 01-16-10, 06:15 PM   #27
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Well, the easiest way to do that is to use a trick I have described in the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergbuto View Post
Say, you would like to do that for MClass. In the def.xml file in the NAVALS\MClass folder, you need to replace text line

<object_type>Trawler</object_type>

with

<object_type>TorpedoBoat</object_type>

This will provide access to AA gun stations with help of keys 1 or 2. The rangefinder view (key 4) will be replaced with bridge/binocle views. However, since the rangefinder view location is fairly high up (for all the ships), the bridge/binocle view will be substancially above the deck, sort of an observation point on the mast. The location of the bridge/binocle view can be adjusted only by hex-editing of the files.

While the gun station (first person) views will be fine for MClass, it may not be true for other ships. F.e. after using the same trick the def.xml file for Tribal, you will end up on the deck level (at gun's support) after switching to gun stations. That is because only guns used on PT-boats have a good definition of the shooter/first person view and when those guns are used on other ships, the views are okay.
Just do that with def.html in the NAVALS\U995 folder.

If I remember correctly, you would need to make some changes in the corresponding mission file as well. Say, replace the line

GTBoat1 = NavalObject ( 's26', RelationType.Friend, ObjectType.TorpedoBoat )

with

GTBoat1 = Submarine ( 'U995', RelationType.Friend, ObjectType.TorpedoBoat )

On the other hand, the proper way to do that is to modify script files. F.e. I have made changes in the SCRIPTS\common\input.py which allow for an access to the AA guns on any type of ships and in this case no modifications of def.html are any longer required.