View Single Post
Old 08-08-09, 04:01 PM   #216
patti
VIP

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Katie, i am glad you liked the picture of the Golden Gate, it came to me as a symbol of your dad's times at sea and i figured you all had lived in California, either up there or San Deigo both having sub bases..i have lived in both and grew up myself out there too, and know that pattern of moves, having moved 24 times before i was 21 Peggy, that was a very touching tribute to your mom, Margaret and our hearts to out to you and to her and all that you describe. Life is not always easy but it is always precious, and it is clear that your parents gave you all a full cargo of love, care and the best of values which all are the foundations of character.

If i could come i would but am recoving from a long series of operations...but your sharing with us and this chance to honour dad has uncovered in all of us i think a deep welling up of love and respect that we all feel, and we will be there in spirit for the serivce, and with you in the days, months and years ahead when you feel the void that your dad's passing has left...but remember he did not leave really, he is jost gone on ahead, under the stars that shine far out to sea....and he and what he is and what you love in him will be part of you always. HUgs to all of you girls and all your family. Thank you so much for sharing with us all, and we will be with you.

Chris Gerlach
aka Adm Von Gerlach
Chris,
thank you again for your kind words, I keep coming back to this site to read more about my Dad and find it so comforting in my loss.

Patti (Navy Junior #1)

Last edited by patti; 08-08-09 at 05:56 PM.
patti is offline   Reply With Quote