View Single Post
Old 03-09-15, 11:08 PM   #3857
Tricky
Sailor man

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

tl:dr - Does the Amazon download version of SH3 have a sh3.exe that will be accepted by this patch?

Hey everyone!

I've had a completely modded SH3 (steam version) on my computer for ages. To the point that I've basically forgotten how to start from scratch with a new 1.4b installation. My steam installation will stay as it is, forever. It gets copied from computer to computer as I reinstall throughout the years.

The other copy of SH3 I have is from Direct2Drive, purchased back in 2007 or so. I decided that I would install it, get my base must have mods set up (starting with this one) and pick something new to try out. Today it made me go through some weird activation from D2D before it would install, which I don't remember having to do before.

Anyhow, long story short - the V16B1 "Patch_SH3.bat" script fails to find a valid sh3.exe (from my d2d install). I'm thinking of re-buying SH3 from Amazon now in an attempt to get the patch to work (my third purchase, yeah!) - Does this "version/copy" have a sh3.exe that works with this patch?

edit: I should add that yes, I have tried some of the solutions posted on previous pages of this thread.

Last edited by Tricky; 03-09-15 at 11:25 PM.
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote