Old 06-29-09, 07:05 PM   #142
Cameljockey
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Touchy?

you might want to check the controls sensitivity of the game/joystick on that one.

HunterICX
Unless you have a software program for your joystick and can do it with that, you're out of luck. No adjustments in game at all. All control settings changes must be done outside of the game, which is a right pain in the butt, but still no deadzone/sensitivity adjustments.
The AA/AF is abysmal. Max settings are 4x on AA and 8x on AF and they just don't do the job at all. I'm running on max and still have jaggies up the butt. I tried using Nvidia control panel to override the application settings and run it at 16x on each and it had no effect
That DVII flies more like Camel or DrI. Very skittish. If you think that's the way a DVII is supposed to fly Stealthhunter you know next to nothing about WWI aircraft. It was touted as one of the most stable and easy to fly of the entire war, even more so than the SE5. Here's a comment from someone who has actually flown some WWI aircraft....

"Trek, I am having the same issue with my Logitech Force 3D PRO. I tried all the dead zone and sensitivity settings and even with the sensitivity set at 1% it was little help in the FM, specially the D.VII.

I was told the plane is tail heavy so thats the way it flies, so was the Fokker D.VIII I flew in RL but it did not fly as twitchy. All the planes were tailheavy, but they did not fly like these in RoF.

As one post states different JS preform differently and that maybe the case here. But I think RoF should have a way of compensating for this difference in a manual override menu.

Right now until I can figure this out using my JS or someone has a solution, I play very little. It gets frustrating.

Cheers,
WF2'

There are many things to like about this game, however, IMHO, it wasn't ready for release. My copy is going on the shelf until they get the bugs worked out and release some more content. If it was as great and trouble free as SH is trying to make everyone believe, there wouldn't be 61 threads and over 630 posts in the Technical Support forum at SimHQ. A lot of people are extremely disappointed in the game as it is now. Until they fix it, I'm going back to OFF.
CJ
Cameljockey is offline   Reply With Quote