View Single Post
Old 12-02-15, 04:59 PM   #11
Dr. Merc
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Rob -

I prefer the term "hitting the + key more than you ever dreamed imaginable".

When one is just lying low, like waiting for daylight to pass, one has to hit the + key roughly a zillion times, assuming the scope is up so you can spot oncoming juicy tidbits. As I note in my guide, I consider this a programming fault.

As for one basic mod that everyone should install, go check out Cload's link, above, and note the first one on the list.

Well, I started watching your "avoiding airplanes" vid and it just had people doing the same thing I recommend as one of the three options. Dive, wait a while, then re-surface. I also note you hit that + key quite a bit. But when I do it, it's a "kludge"?

As for the second vid, while cute, as soon as I heard the term "nuclear shells", I bowed out. Nor did the enemy look very formidable. When it comes to the average convoy, I usually don't bother unless there are at least three or four heavy warships involved, with the one exception being task forces, which often have one of the big girls along, like the yummy Euro troop carrier. If I don't return to port with at least 100K under my belt, I'm disappointed.

But such are the horrors of war.
Dr. Merc is offline   Reply With Quote