View Single Post
Old 07-09-08, 02:18 PM   #23
Robsoie
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Ok, i have put the tanker starting point near singapour (at +/- 18 nautic miles from the original position of the mission)

+/- 15 minutes after the mission start, the tanker is destroyed , and judging from the early "torpedo in the water" that leave no trace on sonar, it is a surface missile.

So playing this mission with SCXIIc is impossible, the tanker will always be destroyed very soon in the mission by the kilos surface missiles.

That's what i feared, it means playing the original campaign and mission with SCXIIc is -not- a good idea as there is a lot of chance SCXIIc will completely break missions like this one.

SCXIIc is to be used for SCXIIc specifically designed missions, like the ones found here :
http://www.subguru.com/missions.htm

Or to be played with your own skirmishes in the mission editor.

I read it was possible to make 2 install of Sub Command but can't find the reference to this, if it can be done it would be a good idea to make an install with SCXIIc and one without that will keep the stock 1.08, this way you will be able to play with SCXIIc when you want and play with stock 1.08 when you want to play the original missions and campaigns.
Robsoie is offline   Reply With Quote