View Single Post
Old 12-14-17, 04:41 PM   #469
redline202
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Great mod HanSolo, i appreciate all the hard work you done and your team .
Really well done, new textures, sound improvements, campaign is amazing...
I have added some of my own flavors, it's just a matter of taste, anyway I have a question or two...i will post this question here because i think HanSolo will know what im talking about.

I have noticed also in other mods and in vanilla there is a problem
with destroyers in bad weather at wind speed 15 (high waves). Some of the destroyers will sink eventually like Hunt class and some others like Tribal class are more stable in bad weather conditions. So it's not just in this mod, it's everywhere...i have tested this in 4-5 different mods and vanilla and basically the results are the same. Some of them will become submerged in a matter of few minutes and sometimes they can hold on for about 1-2 hours before i sink them .

So for those who understand a little bit what i am talking about, my settings in scene.dat are for windspeed 15 waves. Scale x = 5, y = 0,29, z = 5. When i lower the y below 0.2 of waves the destroyers are "more stable" but i have low waves. (I have tried other settings from other mods and it's basically the same) Also i was experimenting to change settings in sim file for a destroyers. Hunt II was sinking like crazy. If i change for Hunt II
Gravity center fr_ratio = 0,6 to 0,3 the ship is much more stable but not completely.
Now it can last for 3-5 hours more before he sinks. Also when i chage the drag (LR = 0,5 UD = 0,3) to drag (LR = 5 and UD = 5) makes sense? no.. but the ship can now last for about 3-6-10 hours before he sinks.

So like i said, i was experimenting to solve this with a combination of other mods, and i just managed to extended the life of a destroyers for a few hours more before they sink.
If i lower the wave value all the way below, they will never sink but then i don't have high waves at storm weather conditions. Did anyone had better luck to solve this?
And as you can see my english is perfect who said it's not.

Last edited by redline202; 12-14-17 at 05:07 PM.