View Single Post
Old 07-12-17, 09:38 PM   #16
Shadriss
A-ganger

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipkiller1 View Post
Shadriss, I hope you got as big a laugh on this proverbial BULL**** has I did... What a load of crap...
Oh, yes. Yes indeed. It's just right enough to deceive the folks who know nothing, and wrong enough to completely screw you over entirely.

TMA may be a complex geometry/trigonometry problem, but it's still simple enough that it could be modeled relatively accurately in the game, yet it isn't... not to the degree it should be, anyhow. The ranges jumping all over the place is one example, but another is the way that it gives no idea of relative motion prior to getting the 95% solution (the WHA?!?!). BRGRT is the first and possibly the most important fire control parameter determined (well, second... you know which one I'm talking about, Shipkiller1...), and to not have the vital and valuable information that it presents is just plain silly.

We drive off of BRGRT, for heaven's sake... to not have it is almost as much a handcuff as the lack of fine speed control.

As an aside, Shipkiller... thanks for using the old school FC terminology - they changed it back around 2000, and I STILL have a hard time using it, even though it SEEMS more intuitive.
IMF PACNORWEST
USS ALASKA (SSBN-732 GOLD)
USS ALABAMA (SSBN-731 GOLD)
NAVAL OCEAN PROCESSING FACILITY, WHIDBEY ISLAND
USS TENNESSEE (SSBN-734 GOLD)
Shadriss is offline   Reply With Quote