View Single Post
Old 07-24-18, 03:37 AM   #47
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

@Cyborg,

Good reply no doubt. I happen to have played all SH series except SH2 which I own but didn't play for long as SH3 came out. And SH5 after a long time when I realized that it could finally be played decently.

I notice that in all SH games, there is Auto TDC and the option to deactivate or activate contacts on the map.

You are right by saying that not much can be learned with Auto TDC, but what would have happened in terms of game success if these options were not included, have you thought about this? I think this sim game would not have had such a success because much less abordable for the average gamer. I also think that amongst the many gamers, first they did play Auto TDC to pass to Manual TDC, a thing they would never have done if Auto TDC was not included...Auto TDC has just woken-up their interest in the game. So it's a good thing that Auto TDC is in the game
And then, learning is not everything, it's a game, not just a sim, at least this is also a valid viewpoint and fully reflects the opinion of one of the poster above who wants to use his spare time as well as he can. Everyone at his own pace...This game is a Marathon, not a sprint.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-24-18 at 03:50 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote