Thread: Sony
View Single Post
Old 03-05-08, 06:21 PM   #68
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
@AVG: that's why I buy CDs. Cheaper per song, no DRM and they're a perfect backup. I'm an album guy from way back anyway. Downloaded music is a loser so far, but there are signs of intelligence almost everywhere but....you guessed it! Sony! Treat customers like you would like to be treated and you sell more product. Treat them with disdain and go broke.
I'm a old record man myself. I remember the days of old with a penny on my stylus arm. Until I got a turn table with weighted arm. As far a the CD. I do not car to purchase a CD when I wish to have only one song. I enjoy looking through Rhapsody and finding music that would take hours to local at the music store. Not to mention finding music that I can not find at the locale music store. It just befuddles me that once you cut Rhapsody, you can not do a thing with the music you paid for on your hard drive other then play it on your computer. We get off track here.

Perhaps I worded my "valuable customer" wrong. What I really ment to say was how do you determine the crackers and legits? As far as I know, you can not determine the honest and dishonest. So, what do you do? Attempt to create a program to keep your hard work safe and going to paying customers. Does it work all the time? No. Does it attempt to insure you get your dollars for your hard work. Yes it does. Therefore, you as a customer have to suffer (although I do not have an issue with it) because of the hacks and crackers. These are the folks who need your attention. UBI is attempting to keep their doors open as a game creater. In doing so, download protection is created. Be it SecuROM or SF( ) I would also want something that I created to have some returns in the form of dollars. Not illegit downloads. So, who is really making the legit suffer? UBI or the hackers who have nothing better to do other then steal software and when they get caught they stand there looking innocent. Everyday, I pass by camera that are monitored by security people. Am I a criminal? Well, no. So why do I have to be subjected to cameras? Because of the criminal element. Same applies here. I'm subjected to SecuROM because of the criminal element. But, that does not mean I should not be notifed SecuROM is being used and I agree to it being installed.