View Single Post
Old 09-20-09, 02:28 PM   #35
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I was having CTD with this mission, so I raised the issue in another thread. No fixes appeared possible, as I play 1.5. Then I forgot about it until I saw this thread. I play TMO. I have enabled other mods. Can this mission be fixed so it can be played with those? Don't bother if it takes too long to do so.

I thought it was an interesting and challenging mission, but I never made it out of the harbor before CTD, except for one time. Then it crashed, but the Yamato had left for parts unknown by then.
The problem with making missions compatable with other MODs is knowing what the MOD has changed. For example, if I write a mission for the Japanese Campaign I must have the Japanese Campaign MOD enabled when I write it, because some of the things used are not in the stock game. So I may use a sub,ship, or another object that is not available in the stock game. In some cases you get away with it and the object just does not appear other times it crashes the game, it depends totally what is different.
So it would be almost impossible to write a version that would work with any combinations of MODs. I if wrote a mission compatable with TMO and then you add another MOD on top of that, it may still crash.

You simply put: the mission looks for the items it was written with and if it can't find them it will not work.

But on the other hand, if you really want to play it, disable your mods, play it in stock a few times and then re-enable your mods when you are done. One of the nice things about using JSGME. It will take a lot less time to do that then to try to figure out the problem and rewrite the mission.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote