Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 05-30-16, 01:06 PM   #53
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Reporting back. Started second patrol with the campaigns layer installed and hit another dead zone (don't know what else to call them) where TC was completely erratic. All started when I made radar contact with two ships moving at high speed. Never deed see the ships, but that was when the TC started acting up.

More on that later. Started a separate folder to test just the sounds and zones. Patrolling out of Fremantle in June'42. Patrol area was NE of Singapore in the South China Sea. Can't say I heard any creaking sound when submerged for the whole patrol. Was at 300 ft or better a number of times. I sank one CA and five merchants while on patrol. The cruiser (Takao class) after the first torpedo hit was reported "She's going down".

I sank two Kinposion Marus on the patrol. The first one took two torpedoes and sank. The second required one torpedo but required quite awhile to sink.

This is a shot of the second Kinposon and a WW1 Freighter (Zinbu in TMO)

The first WW1Freighter took one torpedo and sank real quick like. The second WW1 Freighter took three torpedoes before going down.

On the way back to Fremantle I encounter two ships in the Celebes Sea. Having only two torpedoes left in the stern tubes I shot at a Big Split Merchant. Both torpedoes hit where I aimed and she went down in about a 11 minutes.

You can see where the torpedoes hit in this screenie.

There she goes.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote