View Single Post
Old 10-29-23, 12:26 PM   #14
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

14 February 1942

SouthPAC
I detached 2 CA and 2 DD from the New Caledonia covering force to bombard Noumea. It ran into a DM outside the base and sank it easily. The bombardment destroyed at least 5 aircraft on the ground, along with moderate facility damage to the base itself.

My enemy had the same idea: two cruisers shelled Luganville and got away before the KB could hit them with an airstrike. Fortunately they were no more effective than our battleships were yesterday.

Meanwhile the S-34 continued to try to penetrate the landing site, and ended up getting depth charged for at least moderate damage. I've moved the KB a bit closer and set an narrow ASW search arc to protect the 'phibs from the closing submarine swarm. The KB hasn't been sighted for a few turns so she should be OK without broad coverage.

Java and Banda Sea, etc.
Our second day of raiding Darwin's port resulted in a hit on a British destroyer. Clear skies this time.

Burma and Andaman Sea
Port strike on Rangoon resulted in 1 Buffalo and 1 Oscar shot down, plus a Sally lost to flak. But we finally got the hits we were looking for. Columbo was hit four times, and we also got hits on a transport and a cargo ship. All 3 confirmed sunk. Anything left in port probably isn't worth the flak losses.

Blenheims tried to interdict our marines at Port Blair, Zeroes went after them but failed to intercept. The bombers missed anyway.

My marines attempted to take the base but were thwarted by high disruption; apparently they needed another day after landing to get their **** together. 2 squads disabled on each side.

Sumatra
Dutch bombers raided Palembang. Bad move. We got 4 out of 5 them, no damage.

China
Outside Nanyang, I tried to take advantage of the enemy moving some of its forces north, away from the main group, but our attack still failed to achieve a breakthrough. Squad destruction heavily favoring me, 14 to 182, although total disabled/destroyed was a less lopsided 253 to 453. I'm starting to feel some pressure on my northern armored group now, there's a risk they could be defeated in detail if I can't break the southern group quickly.

In the mountains near Chengting we had a surprisingly bad outcome, acheiving 2 to 1 adjusted assault odds but still suffering worse attrition with 20 of our devices destroyed to 2 of his.

Loyang was vacated by the enemy, we raised our flag there today.

Philippines
I attacked the small island garrison at Bacolod, supported by Vals flying out of Mindanao; we failed to achieve a breakthough. Light casualties on both sides. This probably calls for a naval bombardment.

Reinforcements
91st I.F.Chutai arrives at Tokyo
64th Naval Guard Unit arrives at Tokyo
67th Naval Guard Unit arrives at Tokyo