View Single Post
Old 01-15-08, 10:56 AM   #62
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
The following are pictures of the Batfish's 1MC. Noted at the bottom is a list of tubes and such that are needed to power it up. Does anyone know were these tubes can be purchase, bartered? Is it even recommended that an attempt is tried?

http://www.352nd-mlha.com/Batfish%201MC/index.html

Chris, this link needs a warning "pictures are graphic!"

I think that if Batfish has some local lightening masters to work on this, that's fine. But it takes a team and it takes time. And determination. I remember the long faces and sad notes when our first test ended up being one step forward 1.5 backwards.

And the Batfish boyz need to sit down to decide whether or not restoring this equipment is a priority for them. There are good ways to fake a 1MC if you want to. I remember reading that they had some serious restoration issues and remember that they had a work weekend at some point also.

Batfish was our dear departed Mr. Joe's boat, so it's great to help them if we have the opportunity to do so.

These photographs are a great reminder to me of how valuable the skills and determination of our crew is. It's no mean feat.
Latest post on the Torsk site. Our crew will help were we can . I forgot to mention the work weekends. We hold them twice a year at the Torsk. Crews from other boats will come for two to three days and just simply work on the boat. Last work weekend there was 35+ people who came from all over the country just to clean an old WW2 vessel called the Torsk.

Welcome aboard X15. Any help is appreciated!!!

Back to the paint....there is plenty of it to chip and grind away. What we do is pick one project and finish it. This past weekend Tim and I did nothing but chip and grind away paint on a panel that housed the phone/reostates for the compressors/electrical box and a klaxon that were attached to the panel. Took 5 hours to complete from clean up to bar metal on the brackets and paint. A few of the pieces were brass long since painted over hundreds of times. These we polish up and leave the nice brass as it was supposed to be. This is how Tim and I go about it in the engine rooms.

Tools...attempt to assemble tools that you leave on the boat. Lock them up when not in use. Our aft battery is nothing but tools that is locked when we are not there.