View Single Post
Old 04-08-10, 03:42 AM   #271
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
That will happen in forums. Like it or not people don't do enough reading and will post something that was said already. Heck, go to the SH3 forum and people are asking the same questions that were asked since 2005. Or just last week here, we had three threads asking about the gramophone. It's not deliberate spamming or trolling, hence the illusion I was referring to.
I hear ya. Seeing posts asking questions that are answered in the sticky post one above theirs is quite annoying, but that's how it is. Not everyone is gonna read every post just to avoid repetition. And even so, they're likely gonna want their version to be heard, even if 20 others have said the same thing immediately before them. Nothing wrong with that (although there's nothing I loathe more than being in a meeting where a decision has been made yet people still want to put their 2c worth of agreeance in, but that's me, and I just grin and bear it and tell my subordinates that I'll shoot them if I hear them do it).

However, having said that, there certainly is a number of people here who one can expect to deliver the same diatribe (good or bad) at every opportunity. Some may be surprised, but it's not just the "this game sux" people either; there are others that are quite happy to troll and spam the other way too. It's certainly at a point where at least I know the people who will jump into a thread based solely on the title of the thread. I have yet to be disappointed.

And look, here I am posting here. Who'da thunk it?