View Single Post
Old 11-22-17, 08:33 PM   #11
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Several authors of add-ons have just quit in disgust at Mozilla's move. Tab Mix Plus may be one of them, one of my indispensable extensions. The rest have two choices, both of them bad.

Some of them worked several days straight with no sleep completely rewriting their mods from scratch. As soon as they worked at all, these authors released the update with apologies that they weren't fully functional but that they felt they had to release something, even if it wasn't complete.

The rest are working on upgrades to mods which are non-functioning now. They will work until they are happy with their extension and then release it. That means we'll have to just wait.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. it's not a fun time to be an author of Firefox extensions.

In the meantime I've already confirmed that Vivaldi is as quick as the new Firefox and am enjoying it immensely. I always have two browsers on my machine at all times and Firefox will be my back-up browser until they get their act together.

In the meantime, advantage Vivaldi!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote