View Single Post
Old 12-12-18, 06:13 AM   #19
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Wait til you and the parents get a loom at what all the other accoutrements need to raise a child nowadays costs. A couple of years ago, I ran into an old acquaintance who was going through the "first grandchild" experience and she was in real shock over how much everything has gone up in price since she first gave birth to a child about 30 years ago. My belief is the retailers are gouging the families because the newer parents, not really knowing the difference just go ahead and pay those high prices, making it easier for the store to keep on raising prices...
That may be true but the old adage, 'buyer beware' is still applies. I recently watched my son, who is very tech and internet savey in action at a baby store in Halifax. He found the product he was looking for (baby monitor), found the same product on Amazon at a lower price and showed the sales guy his phone. He got it for that price which was considerably lower.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote