View Single Post
Old 01-10-18, 02:32 PM   #11
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I would say that most problems with Facebook shenanigans has to do with using Facebook Messenger. I wouldn't allow it on either my cell phone or computer. But using Facebook with Vivaldi under Ubuntu Linux I've had zero hoaxes or solicitations.

The reason is that I've banned Facebook Messenger.

Another misconception. Chromium is the open source and spyware free version of Chrome, which lives in the Linux world and visits Windows a tiny amount. Chrome is a commercial project, only loosely based on Chomium which lives on Windows because that's the only place where it would be tolerated. Firefox uses its own rendering engine but uses the Chrome extension scheme. You can load all Chrome extensions (and Opera extensions too) into Firefox with an extension that lets you do that.

In their deal with the devil, in order to get their browser up to speed (literally) Mozilla had to kick all their extension base to the curb, angering many, such as the author of one of my favorite extensions, Tab Mix Plus, to just quit developing extensions for Firefox. I don't see how they recover from that. Chrome extensions don't cut the cheese unless they're duplicates of the Firefox extensions.

You'll never be able to download You Tube videos with Chrome because Google owns You Tube and Chrome so they don't want you downloading You Tube videos. So there's a lot of conflict of interest there I don't want to deal with.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 01-10-18 at 02:42 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote