Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 10-06-17, 02:53 PM   #1
hk9
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Introduction

Hi all! I'm new here, though I've been eying this genre for a while.

So far I have SH4 and 5, and I've installed the Wolves of Steel mod for the latter, but I'm wondering if this is the best choice for a new player. I tried the vanilla tutorial campaign but got stuck because of a bug, so that was an issue too.

Can anyone offer advice as to whether WoS was a good choice for a beginner? I've played simulators before of the flight variety. I like the simulation in combat itself but I don't like as much the more mundane simulation things (I always set my plane engine to auto-start and prop angle to auto-control instead of having to mess with all of the controls). I know it's a lot more methodical with subs so I'm expecting that, but I also don't have a whole lot of time to spare so I'll be using lots of time acceleration.

I know that's all pretty vague but any tips ranging from more complex stuff to the more simple things (like am I supposed to patrol while surfaced or use the snorkel? Does the hydrophone even work on the surface? I actually don't know this) would be greatly appreciated.
hk9 is offline   Reply With Quote