View Single Post
Old 12-08-17, 07:24 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Google plays Google learns

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1712.01815.pdf

A new AI by the Google team has surpassed the great successes it had with its last Alpha Zero Go software, which taught itself Go by just having the rules explained to it and then playing Go against itself - after 24 hours it beat one of the best human Go players in the world. repeatedly.

The new algorithm optimizes the learning process and uses learning-optimised hardware components. This time it learned - by playing against itself - three games simultaneously, amongst my beloved poor chess. After four hours, the new Alpha Zero played chess so well that it beat the best chess software their currently is, stockfish, in a match over 100 games, by 28 victories and 78 draws - no loss. I know stockfish, everybody playing chess and being interested in computer chess knows Stockfish. Its the strongest chess software there is. Eh, was. Play is absolutely on human world class niveau.

The makers of this algorithm say their AI is so good because it no longer is limited by the limits of human knowledge. It operates beyond these.

I predict if Alpha Zero New would play against humanity'S best chess player, mankind would loose. Clearly.