View Single Post
Old 07-22-18, 10:13 AM   #10422
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
First you need to decide if you play easy or realistic which is Auto TDC or Manual TDC. You set the appropriate option while in the bunker if you play campaign (ESC - Options - Game Options) or access the options in the main menu if you play historical missions.

Auto TDC goes like this:
You lock target , then you unlock target. This feeds the TDC. Now you can fire making the final aim with the mouse. Just load the single mission 'TDW Torp Tutorial' to train it.
It's true that the mission designer could have put this in the mission description...but he didn't - he was too busy elsewhere to make bug corrections for the game. But once you know you are welcome to write a tutorial

Manual TDC:
I let another guy explain you this,....or watch one of the tons of tutorial videos..
The most awesome thing about this Sub sim called SH5 and TWOS is that the choices of difficulty you choose to play. will perhaps take away some of the Immersion factors of the game. better explained in this. I play at 100 %. no map contact update's, no auto-targeting. no external views. So why do I play like this? It is me being human and I can make errors in calculations. I can guess by the information given in the sim Sonar guy. I can use mathematical calculations and use tools that are given in the game. like Rafob. the attack disk. I can use methods like kliegs methods of hydro hunting. I can use stoaims method of finding distant convoys. SO why wouldn't anyone else play at 100%? If you are not playing at this level than you are missing the ouu and the awws of making decisions as a skipper of your boat. the learning curve is steep, But so well worth it

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote