Giezer1984
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Problem Steam SH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbeck139 View Post
Hello All,

I just wanted to post this for anyone who has a “Steam” copy of Living Silent Hunter III and wishes to install the LSH3 2015 Version. If you have already tried to install the LSH3 2015 Super Mod you probably have already run into the error “SH3 must not be installed in this path! Please install SH3 anywhere else!” Here is a workaround to that issue, so far I have not encountered any issues doing this if there is I will update this post.

1.) I suggest you have a fresh clean install of SH3 on your pc before trying to proceed further. I would uninstall and delete any remaining files left on your pc from steam. Next re-install the game on your pc. (I heavily recommend doing this to avoid any possible issues)

2.) Next you will need to locate your SH3.exe file. Go to your game root folder usually located in C:/ Program Files / Steam / Steamapps / Common / Silent Hunter 3 and copy the “Silent Hunter 3” folder to your desktop.

3.) Now to save yourself some headaches you must eliminate all spaces from the file name. It doesn’t matter what you call it just remove the spaces for example Silent_Hunter_3, SH3, Silent_Hunter etc. you get the point.

4.) If you have not already I would download the LSH3 2015 Edition and install the mod according to the instructions just remember to when the installation asks you to find the root folder it will be the one located on your desktop not in the steam folder.

5.) ENJOY!

Hopefully this post helps anyone who has steam out.

Happy Hunting!
-Cbeck139

This didnt work for me unfortunaly. Gives me an error when trying to startup the copied SH3.

Thanks any way
Giezer1984 is offline   Reply With Quote