View Single Post
Old 02-08-14, 12:30 PM   #41
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG626 View Post
I'll try it when I get a chance, but I will say that I have only read the CLG files, not saved them. I did so with notepad+

As far as corrupt files go, as I said they load in game fine.

One thing that did change was that I activated a mod that adds a nomograph to the nav map, so menu_1024_768.INI was changed, but I would not expect the report generator to even look at that file.
No, you're right, menu_1024_768.ini wouldn't do it.

I also prefer to use a text editor called NoteTab Pro which is a plain text editor (I set the font to Courier New 10 pt).

If Notepad+ is a "rich text" editor, that may be the culprit. Ideally Notepad should be used, or a similar plain text editor so there are no hidden characters typically used in rich text editors.

An astronomy program I use specified that any plain text font used to edit its files needed to be Courier New, Regular, 10pt - and I've always used that for text editing anything, however I'm unsure if that is important...

Quote:
from Wikipedia:
Notepad+ is a freeware text editor for Windows operating systems and is intended as a replacement for the Notepad editor installed by default on Windows. It has more formatting features but, like Notepad, works only with plain text. It can open text files of any size, and a single instance of the program can have multiple files open simultaneously. It supports dragging and dropping text within a file and between files, and supports multiple fonts and colours.
Man, I'm stumped.

On the website with patrol reports, I recall one member for sure sunk numerous aircraft and they were correctly listed in his reports. The aircraft were 'parked' for the night/day at a Jap base, and were on floats. The generator correctly listed & credited him for sinking them.

I really wish I could help you, however I can't think of anything that would cause this behavior in the generated report.

If you ever find out, please post the solution here to help someone else if they encounter this.
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote