Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Here i made some tests with the sh5.exe patch by tdw ideea:

i used hydro and my sonar reported me:

1)an merchant contact at 61 degree and at 2980 range
2) i run cronometer for 5 minutes
3) the sonar guy reported me the same contact at 49 degrees at 2170 range
4) i made the ploting for 1 contact and mark1 and i made the ploting for second contact report (after 5 min) and i mark2
5) i draw a line between mark 1 and mark 2 and i measured the distance between mark 1 and mrark2 - the distance was 950 metters
6) i used the speed chart speed from tdw uis and i saw that for an distance of 950 metters in 5 minutes the speed is 6 knots
so now i have all the data i need for that ship (wiothout to make an visual contact - only by hidro)
7) i go at periscope dept and i checke on map to see how acurate were my readings:

look what i found:

Just amaising... the cource and speed of ship is SO ACURATE... i never had such an acurate reading in my life (using the stady or any other methode) - so TDW thank you so much for this patch
In this case, it seems to me that this is cheating! This greatly simplifies life so easy and it was not for the German submariners. Does hydrophones that time could give such accurate results? Personally, I doubt it! The most that can hydrophone - so this issue bearing on the target and determine zoom in touch. And it is largely dependent on the acoustics. Only at the end of the war became possible attacks without the use of the periscope, which focused exclusively on the hydrophone.
Here you are talking about what can be done attack without use of periscope! That is, this action is transplanted us into the XXI boats in the scin of VII, IMHO.