View Single Post
Old 08-25-09, 02:33 PM   #2
Lieste
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Can't help much, I'm afraid... I tried both T72 and Tiger v T34 and hated them both...

SF1942 seemed a bit better, but I still found it lifeless, and the controls bizarre.

Neither is a patch on the original Steelbeasts (despite the archaic graphics), and nothing currently comes close to SB ProPE. (See other threads here for description of pros & cons and possibilities).

It is only fair to mention that I am a Beta-tester for eSimGames, but I consider this to be a fair assessment of these recent, unfortunately disappointing titles.

Having said that, you are aware that the 'commander's position' isn't supposed to be good for anything except 'commanding' the virtual crew and coordinating with the other vehicles in the company?
For firing, the gunner's station should have much superior optics, better range-finding capabilities and access to the ballistic compensators/firecontrol system. The downside is greatly restricted visibility especially to the flanks a lower viewpoint and a tendancy to target fixation.
Lieste is offline   Reply With Quote