Old 08-31-09, 01:44 PM   #29
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybyx View Post
I mean when I take the range
At 6x is one and at 1.5 is another. Do i divide by 3? In Olc tutorial's it was a different procedure for each zoom level
Did you check this post? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=191
As it says there all calculations should be made at 6X zoom.

ACM's minimum zoom level is not 1.5X, but 2X. The reason for this is that SH3 has hardcoded periscope lines that would show up at 1.5X and look weird.

Just in case you want to make calculations for the 2X zoom, just multiply the number of "degrees" (angle, if you want to call it that) by 3. If a ship is 9 "degrees" high at 6X zoom, it will be 3 "degrees" at 2X zoom. So if a ship is 1 "degree" high at 2X zoom, ofc, it will be 3 "degrees" high at 6X zoom (multiplied by 3) etc... So let's say a ship is so close that it extends beyond the top of the screen and you can't count the "degrees" at 6X zoom. WHen you go to 2X zoom you see that it covers 10 "degrees" in height. To calculate the range, use a value of 30 (10x3) "degrees". Simple.

Why do i say "degrees" instead of simply degrees or marks?
In ACM the marks are the lines that you see. The fifth marks are numbered as 10. So the 1 space between 2 marks is 2 "degrees". But actually, at minimum zoom level, the marks are perfectly aligned to the game's degrees. So the 5'th lines are actually 5 game degrees, even though you use thae as 10 "degrees" in this mod. Don't bother too much with this, it's not important. Just follow the instruciton on that post and you'll do great. I've never used 2X zoom for calculations.

Last edited by karamazovnew; 09-06-09 at 07:24 AM.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote