View Single Post
Old 08-29-09, 10:36 PM   #23
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Salut Florin . Nice to see a brother fighting for the fatherland .
Well, OLC's environment also comes with the OLC gui . ACM is a variant of that gui. Both come without notepads and there's nothing I can do about it. In theory, you could delete all files related to the interface from these mods(BOTH of them) and you'll keep the original GWX interface. That means deleting the following:
- the entire Data\Menu folder
- Data\Library\Cameras.dat file
- Data\Cfg\Commands_en.cfg and Commands_de.cfg
Not sure why you'd want to do that but, your choice...

However if you want to keep the ACM interface, I've got something for you:
http://www.filefront.com/14426793/ACM%20Lite%20Map.zip
What it does is:
- brings back the GWX bearing overlay on the sub
- brings back the coloured contacts (neutral, enemy, friendly)
- restores all map settings to the GWX default.
- brings back the speed tails on the contacts (if you use Map Contact Updates)

Just enable after ACM. This should not be regarded as an optional for the ACM reloaded, which is why I won't bother placing this link on the first post. These are just original GWX files that have been overwritten by the OLC mod. I for one choose using the map as little as possible, and the TDC as much as possible.

A little explanation:
1. Both the speed tail and the hydrophone lines are actually the same file. The left part of the file is used for the speed tails. Since the hydrophone lines need to be coloured to distinguish merchants from warships, then the speed tail will also be coloured. To preserve aspect I had to make all ship units coloured. No choice there.
2. The bearing overlay is just a weird rotatable unit image that is visible from a certain zoom level down. The size of the file determines the zoom levels at which it will be visible at, as it gets larger as you zoom in and smaller as you zoom out. So I had no choice but to reuse the GWX map settings to allow you to view it. In case one would like to have the overlay but nothing else changed, the size of the file would be huge.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote