View Single Post
Old 07-27-09, 11:53 PM   #24
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

Downloads: 323
Uploads: 0
Default BETA FEEDBACK REPORT: [REL]Mikhayls Playable S-boot 1.7 for GWX 3.0

Per your request, I'm posting some in-game issues I have experienced -- hope these can be resolved easily -- otherwise having a blast with this excellent mod!

Easy_Eight65

Issues:

1. Unable to update my SH3Cmder Personnel File - getting error pop-up: "invalid argument to date encode" (not using realistic crew options or randomised events per your instructions)

2. CTD when starting career In Kiel, 1st Flotilla (1939). Also CTD when starting a career In Helgoland, 2nd Flotilla (1940). *Finally able to successfully start my current career in Cherbourg, 4th Flotilla (1941)...which is too bad because I reallly wanted to try out the early S-class boats (i.e. the S-7) that are no longer available in 1941.

3. "Next Patrol Grid" is always set to '0' (zero) in the SH3Cmder launch screen. Are there orders that are specially scripted for s-boot campaigns? If so, they are failing to load in my SH3Cmder. Am I supposed to manually choose a grid?

4. I consistently get killed due to "hull pressure" when transiting rough, choppy seas (even with crew in Damage Control). Is this a bug? If so, is there a fix for it? I haven't seen anything in the forums about this issue -- somewhat frustrating since the real s-boots were designed to hold up easily in these extreme sea states.

5. No matter what emblem I select at the in-base upgrade screen, the image consistently appears extremely enlarged and fractured in-game -- rendered and divided into large pieces on the starboard, port and stern of the s-boot.

6. Last, a somewhat subjective question: taste and mod preference differ from player to player, I know...but would you (or anyone) mind posting some sound, graphic and gameplay mods that you feel would enhance or compliment v1.7 playable s-boot mod experience in GWX 3.0? A short list of "don't enable" mods would be helpful too in order to clarify which tweaks, mod fixes, etc. are out-dated and no longer compatible with the most current version of Playable S-boot.

"You may fire when ready, Gridley." --Commodore George Dewey
Easy_Eight65 is offline   Reply With Quote