View Single Post
Old 01-18-24, 10:28 AM   #56
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
In that case, it's the MFM mod or something else that kicks in during the time period you mention that is causing the ctd, not necessarily the moon mod. Since the lite version of the mfm mod doesn't cause ctds, that would seem to narrow the issue down.
If the moon mod was a problem, it would cause a ctd regardless of the time period.

With the very long needed "realism" fixes the moon mod provides, (it's not just about the moonlight) adapting the full mfm mod to prevent any ctds with the moon mod in use would seem to be a logical path, if one wants to use the full mfm mod. The moon mod's fixes are much more important than how a ship looks or how many different types of ships there are.
But each is free to play the game as they wish.
I don't think it has anything to do with an issue in my MFM for Onealex, because then why does it work in all times of the war with the full version without moon mod, but as soon as I add moon mod it doesn't?

.....I will tell you why because both mods use up resources and full version of MFM already pushing the SH3 engine to its limit that it can't handle to much more in terms of mods in JSGME mods that use up resources i.e. HD sea floor mod, particle effects mods, environment mods that add greater view distance etc. Pretty soon i may remove some older ships from the full version and swap them out with new ships made by Alex B but so far full version works on its own for whole war. Its the same reason why the WAC 5.1 interiors mod can work with base Onealex mod but can't work with any of the versions of my MFM because of memory resource overload. I've seen every ship in my mod at one point or another in the war in my many careers and patrols, all of them sail and look just fine, sinking characteristics are good too.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote