View Single Post
Old 11-15-17, 03:38 PM   #84
Gudadantza
Swabbie

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Hi Guys.

I post to point an alternative about how to run DW and Sub Command in Windows 10 without the need of the known wrapper.

Of course If the wrapper d3d8.dll works for you there is no need to use my solution. It is just an alternative. The wrapper worked great for me but gave me some graphical glitches like garbled sonars in some russian subs.

Sub Command

-Use DGVoodoo2. There is an advantage of using this because you can configure details like VSync, Anisotropic Filtering and Antialiasing options and it looks great.
-In subcommand.ini Change "SoftwareCursor" to "Yes" if your mouse cursor in game dissapears erratically and flickers.

Dangerous Waters

-Use DGvoodoo2 as well but now the game must be 16 bits windowed, so you need to change this in the exe compatibility.

One thing to note is that the wrapper dll and the dll used in dgvoodoo2 are named the same "d3d8.dll" so they seem incompatible.

I hope it is useful as an alternative. Greetings

EDIT: One more advantage I have noticed using dgvoodoo2 in DW is that now the 3D graphics render as expected, without the common color banding typical in 16 bit color.
Gudadantza is offline   Reply With Quote