View Single Post
Old 01-10-08, 09:02 PM   #351
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Version v0.5.4 - For download link follow link in footer to my site.

This version is now stable enough to use with SH3.

I strongly recommend everyone to update to this release!

This is a new v0.5 release and replaces any previous releases, so don't forget to uninstall previous versions!

New
  • Partial cut/copy/paste support. Currently only functioning for SDL-files.
  • Added context menu to SDL-editor.
  • Added autocompletion of (known) controller names. A drop down will be shown with a list all possible matches when you type in the name of a controller.
  • Added option to global file search to search for model id references.
  • Added quite a few SH3-specific controllers. Previous 0.5.x releases couldn't open files with the missing controller definitions. My primary goal is to support SH4, but I found some time to run through SH3 controllers. You will find that this release will open most SH3 files now, except for some problematic GWX 2.0 files (see Improved section for more info)
  • Added periodic online check for updates (can be disabled in Options screen). This is as far as I will go for the time being. In the future maybe I will add automatic updating (on-the-fly), but now there are more important features to work on.
Fixed
  • Fixed crash bug that occurred when moving chunks up/down after inserting them (or undoing delete).
  • Removed warning that empty controller names where not allowed. In some cases, it IS allowed (animation controllers).
  • Fixed incorrect warning message of duplicate entry in SDL-editor, where in fact, there wasn't a duplicate entry. This sometimes occurred when typing a new name, and then clicking on another item. The editor failed to recognize the new name and attempted to insert the item a second time causing the warning messsage.
Improved
  • Improved the controller engine again. Unsupported controllers, or controllers that contain errors (invalid size specifiers, invalid or different data types or unexpected parse errors, like strings without trailing null) are now read as raw data (as was the case in v0.2). This means from this point on v0.5 is again usuable with SH3. You will not find controller errors in stock or patch files, but (hex) modded files (including those of supermods), or even files created with earlier versions of S3D can contain errors. S3D now tries to catch those errors and at least continue to read the file IF possible. I unfortunately found a few (minor) errors with around 10 GWX 2.0 files. I have contact their technical crew and they have told me they have fixed the files. I expect that these fixes will be made available in GWX 2.1. Note that the errors may not be so critical that it causes problem to the game. Thanks again ref and privateer!
  • Minor tweaks, both functional and UI.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote