View Single Post
Old 03-31-18, 04:42 PM   #10
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
How is a woman driver coming at me the wrong way round a roundabout anything to do with me not paying attention? And how are women suddenly pulling out of sidestreets and parking places right across my path anything to do with me not paying attention?
That's why I asked. People going the wrong way on a roundabout (I hate those things anyway) I can't do anything about. On the other hand, I had a friend a few years back who called me on his phone while driving. All of a sudden he yelled and swore then said something about the woman who had pulled out right in front of him. I didn't say anything at the time, but I had to wonder if her pulling out had really been that sudden.

I was in an accident thirteen years ago when something caught my eye off to the side of the highway. I probably only glanced for a second or two, but when I looked back the traffic was stopped right in front of me. My car was totaled and I was lucky to only have some bruised ribs plus some skin torn off my forearms (I hate airbags too). Entirely my fault, but it only takes one second.

Quote:
And are aggressive female tailgaters there also because I'm not paying attention?
I encounter lots of tailgaters of both persuasions. The number I think are actually being aggressive are fairly few. Most of them just find it easier to pull right behind somebody, not because they want to go faster but because it's easier to not think about what you're doing when the other car is that close. Just pull up and zone out.

It's not that I doubt your word, but it's been my experience that most people think they're better drivers than they actually are. Me, I know exactly how bad I am. On the other hand the LE and Insurance statistics say what they say for a reason.