View Single Post
Old 05-09-08, 08:42 AM   #86
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default Update on my findings..

This is an update about compability issues, update plans and some minor things..

Compability and answers to some requests and questions:
GWX 2.1 - So far, no reports of ctd's, bugs, so I feel it's 100% compatible.
waterstream mod - when it comes out for GWX 2.1, this mod is 100% compatible
OLCE2(together with complete OLC's ubermod) x.x(last 2.1)- fully compatible, but some minor effects may look strange when you(and you must do it this way) enable this mod after Olc's, although, honestly, I didn't see anything so far and I must tell you(knock knock knock) I'm not blind or 4eyes
Torpedo trail - it is connected to some other files, I think torpedo.dat, that file is not in this mod, so you can choose whatever mod corrects those trails
Wind affection - it seems to me that wind is a cosmetic feature in sh3 more and more, but because I also, as dear a6intruder, feel that some "wind" effect must be, I plan an update with less thick smokes, maybe more "wind" affected.. like I explained.. Those xyz I mentioned, z is in the direction of the ship, y up, x to the left.. And it's a wind speed..
S-BOOT mod - compatible, please check pics and sights for version v204D update
ALL MODS WITH TEX FOLDERS - when you enable the main folder of this mod like I explained in the readme that comes with the mod, you might get warning because of this tex folder are enabled by some other mod. Don't worry, enable this with JSGME. It won't erase anything.
Lifeboats mod - I'm impatient for the new version that mod, but I got word that this mod will still be compatible to life boats mod when it gets out. If not, you can be shure I will release an update pronto.
Little superman running overboard before ship sinks - Just got that idea the other day, I will try it. Do you think it's ok?
Funnel smokes for ships regarding to their class- maybe
Compared this smokes and effects with original - I know it drags.. But, this one are better? :rotfl:
Ship wake - I think it is connected to some other files, but if I'm wrong, this ship wakes are pretty much the same in every mod I encountered..
Too loud ship whistles - I agree with catfight on this one and I will try to adjust the sounds accordingly.
Starshell guns - I don't think you know how good those guns are.. please try it. Do you remmeber a scene from das boot in Gibraltar? No, no "not yet". Before that.
All mods not using the files in this mod - I'm using shleuse aa ships with bugfix, carrotio undersea, uniforms, GWX 2.1 mission orders(I must say when I read gwx manual I was scared I would miss some of the action, nto anymore, great mod!).. So you get a picture, every one not touching this files.
ENHANCED DAMAGE EFFECTS - NO NO NO NOT COMPATIBLE. The "same" thing, different, very different.

Flags and pennants - Does anyone know something about this mod?

I hope I didn't forgot anything..
Cheers to everyone!

p.s. 61 of you downloaded that "addon upgrade the old version no need for downloading the whole thing(read page 1!)". :rotfl: I thought there were only 53..

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-14-08 at 10:52 AM.
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote