View Single Post
Old 05-05-18, 05:48 PM   #7
TiberiusoftheSea
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Apologies for resurrecting an older thread (though isn't that old to be fair):

Just a thought with regards to BF10. As has been mentioned already, if you're using SH3Cmdr (or a mod that has a similar function), you can assign yourself any grid square you like or have the program randomly assign one for you. If like me, you want to be picky, I'd suggest getting yourself a copy of the in-game map to pull up for reference. Now, I believe that Sh3Cmdr has the option to do this, though for some reason I could never get the map to work. So, what I can recommend is checking out Carnovaro's Document Collection which can be found here:

ftp://bctdg7awz618kzdr.myfritz.net/P...ODS/CARNOVARO/

Inside the main folder is a wealth of information that you or may not find interesting. If you take a look inside folder "Chapter 3 - Maps" however and navigate to "Two Digit Grid Map" there is an archive file which can be opened with a program such as winzip/7zip. Inside of this archive is a file named "Grid_Area_Only.BMP". That image will be what you see in-game while using the nav map. I find it immensely useful when choosing my next patrol grid. Now you can too

*NOTE* Regardless of the above, when you have the BF10 objective bug with GWX 3.0 installed, unless you've modified your files (or are using a mod), you'll not receive any renown for reaching or patrolling your assigned patrol grid. In effect, when you leave dock, you're free to go where you want so can safely dismiss the bug altogether.
TiberiusoftheSea is offline   Reply With Quote