View Single Post
Old 01-30-14, 02:17 AM   #29
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19
Default Update, V2

Still testing on V2, the locked gauges hasn't shown up in this new version, but the US task group goes screwy sometimes. One of the patrol missions is to photograph a pair of anchored Japanese carriers at the north end of Manila Bay (how they got there while the US still had possession of the PI is anybody's guess). That turned into a conflict because the US battlewagons sank them both before I could snap the pics.

So I made the four US ships into a group with a single set of waypoints, starting them a lot further south so they wouldn't interfere with the enemy carriers for that career mission. I have them run at 2 knots before the first waypoint, then accelerate to 12 knots, that tweaks the timing for slow S boats without having to start them so far from Manila. That worked well for a few dozen tests, then when doing it with a Sargo I sunk all the enemy ships except a couple of destroyers I let get past me. When the US force came to the end of the run, only the two BBs and Northhampton heavy cruiser were there, the Omaha light cruiser was MIA.

So I started another career to trail the Omaha and find out if it was actually being sunk by a destroyer. Nope. What happened when I just lurked around to watch was they all four attacked the destroyer and sunk it, the heavy cruiser just stopped, the other three began milling around in circles like they forgot their waypoints.

Can't find any reference to "return to formation and waypoint routine after any engagement" so unless someone has ideas I should probably split the group up and give them each individual paths.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote