View Single Post
Old 05-30-17, 11:08 PM   #5
modelrrfan51
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Hellguard3
When doing a forward attack, everything seem to work out great. Put in the speed (1 knot for every 100 yds), then AOB which is 90 degrees, and set range to max on range. When ship crosses 0 on periscope fire torpedos and get good hits. Have started paying attention to the dial for torpedo course and this also helps.
Its the aft attack is where have a real problem. This is one that just did, speed was 9 knots, so entered 9 knot of speed dial, then put in AOB at 90 degrees since that how was lined up to ship track. Now on the attack map, did not show torpedo track until I did the measurement with the range, where you bring down ship till touches top of mast. When I put this in, attack showed a torpedo track of almost 90 degrees, and track was now behind ship. So now have to start turning sub until torpedo track catches up with ship and moves in front so can fire aft tubes. By then, sub is almost parallel to ship. Funny part, when look at TDC, show aft torpedo course at almost 80 degrees from sub on the bottom dial, and the top dial shows torpedos hitting rear of target.
Just wish the aft would work like the front.
Also thought I had 1.4, but checked and have 1.5
modelrrfan51 is offline   Reply With Quote