View Single Post
Old 08-15-17, 05:38 PM   #5165
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Our game devs were not the sharpest pencils in the box....and of course Ubi gets a big chunk of the blame for unrealistically tight schedules and their drink coaster model of game releases.

It occurs to me that Steam is the only company which maintains its games after release. Why has Counterstrike Global Offensive, released in August 2012, been a top on-line tournament game for five years? Why does it support teams of professional players all over the world?

It's because Steam continuously maintains the game, in a rolling release method, tweaking errors, establishing balance, publishing new maps, new weapons. Every time you start the game you download updates, one of which I received last week on a FIVE YEAR OLD GAME!!!

Counterstike GO supports both Valve and third party tournament organizations. Originally limited to only $250,000 in prize money, now they award more than a million dollars for a major tournament. What do you think that signals for how much income CS GO generates for Valve and those third party tournament sponsors?

Steam has had similar success with the same treatment of other games. Releasing a franchise to let it die of neglect is just criminal. "Hell, release the disks! Fire everybody! Close the shop. It's over." That's why I don't buy Ubi games any more. NONE of them, including SH5. They're done. Stick a fork in 'em.

That's what success looks like. 5 year old game. One million dollars awarded. The tournament was run at a PROFIT to the Professional Gaming League. Ubi is a pathetic failure.

PS. Oh. This was just a regional qualifier, not the main tournament.
UBIsoft gets away with this one RR, The master himself let it slip through his own hands...

This unit is not in SH4 Stock.