View Single Post
Old 03-24-11, 01:07 AM   #1
Howard313
Engineer

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 0
A few problems I'm having with SH3

Before I begin, I'd like to apologize if this isn't the correct place for this thread (it's my second post, and I saw nothing about a technical support/help spot in this forum.)

Please note I am using the $9.99 steam version (good deal no?)

Anyway, I'm having three issues with my otherwise perfect game of SH3. And they are as follows.

1. No random mission generator/editor/creator. They are just not there, I have the missions that come with the sim (Bismark, XXI, etc etc) but I have no capability creating my own missions, or generating a random one, now it may be something as simple as these features don't come with sh3 and you have to get them separately. Please let me know.

----------

2. during a career or mission, the crew management view. Depending on whether you are surfaced or submerged you will have three buttons near the bottom right.

On surface: Surface Cruise, Surface Attack, and something else (anti-air i think, could be wrong)

In Water: Submerged cruise, Submerged Attack, etc etc

The problem is, whenever I click any of these it will do one of two things, it will either do what it's supposed to do and automatically move my crew around for me based on the specifications, or it will crash my game closing me out to steam and half the time steam will crash along with it.

----------

3. I can't get the gramophone to work.....no in-game mp3 for me
My dreams of listening to metallica while killing British people are ruined.

But seriously, I checked my SH3 folder and it's a wasteland (doesn't even have a sound folder, where I am supposed to put my mp3's I believe.)

-----------

I've been suspecting that the reason I've had all these issues is because I have the steam version. Maybe the steam version merely doesn't support these features is my guess, if I'm wrong let me know and maybe we can figure out how to solve some of these.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Last edited by Howard313; 03-24-11 at 01:42 AM.
Howard313 is offline   Reply With Quote