View Single Post
Old 06-07-17, 06:41 AM   #26
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Back to the Mission Editor.

It's my opinion the editor is only good for constructing single missions....not "Dynamic", or regular "Campaign" mission (.mis) files. The addition of the extra lines (just to name a few) when saving a normal mission points to this fact:

Quote:
GameEntryTime=0
GameExitDate=19421011
GameExitTime=0
MaxInst=10000
MaxUnitsCreated=1000

DockedShip=false
TacticalGroup=false
AvailStartDate=19411204
AvailEndDate=19421011
ControlZoneRadius=100.000000

NextWP=0
If the stock game doesn't have these lines within the Campaign .mis files.....neither should your new Campaign mission files. It's my thought the devs only assumed players would use the ME for single mission play........little did they know we wanted to play outside of the "sand box" they created, and change the world!!

My best advice is to use the ME for figuring out where to place your routes, waypoints. But, don't save using the ME. As already mentioned, hand edit your .mis file to the structure you wish.......following the stock games process of which lines to include....... which lines to make sure you eliminate, if extra lines are added somehow (especially if you're reworking someones else's campaign mission).

Ok, back to you two's fine thread.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote