View Single Post
Old 09-12-16, 01:50 PM   #289
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

- unlike your model, ships foremast features a single fore boom, extending horizontally all the way to the prow. DONE Improved foremast at all, partially new design)

- unlike your model, there are no vents in "central posotion" that I can see in the picture, but just four couples of port-starboard vents.DONE

- the two rearmost couples of vents are closer together in the picture than they are in your model.DONE

- the lifeboats should be hung higher than they are now, i.e. their tops should be in line with the top of the superstructure, but I am probably nitpicking here :-P DONE, easy to do =)

- most historical pictures and illustrations display funnel stacks painted with a much more brilliant shade of red than your current texture. DONE, do you like it?

TO DO list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

- it might be just a light effect, but the prow section looks more streamlined in the big picture I have posted a few days ago than it is in your model (look at the shadow extending on the hull more or less from the bow to where the superstructure starts). (Need to know how to do this)

- also, in your model the bulwark seems more bended upwards (going from midship to the bow) than it looks in the picture, where it is almost straight. But this might be due a different perspective. (Need to know how to do this)

- the covered decks in the stern section need some reworking too. (Tons of work to do here!)

- you should paint more windows on the superstructure (you can try and overlay windows from the hi-res picture to your texture to recreate exactly the same pattern), and many more hatches on the hull. (Just added some hatches for now, windows work will require a big UV remapping of the ship)
And after all, i need to work to damage model (*.zon) and start to think about auxiliary cruiser version...

Best regards,
Vd

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is online   Reply With Quote