View Single Post
Old 09-10-16, 05:35 PM   #288
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10
Icon7

Your model looks amazing VonDos, but with you we got to be used to this level quality...

I have just some minor remarks if you dont mind:

- it might be just a light effect, but the prow section looks more streamlined in the big picture I have posted a few days ago than it is in your model (look at the shadow extending on the hull more or less from the bow to where the superstructure starts).

- also, in your model the bulwark seems more bended upwards (going from midship to the bow) than it looks in the picture, where it is almost straight. But this might be due a different perspective.

- unlike your model, ships foremast features a single fore boom, extending horizontally all the way to the prow.

- unlike your model, there are no vents in "central posotion" that I can see in the picture, but just four couples of port-starboard vents.

- the two rearmost couples of vents are closer together in the picture than they are in your model.

- the lifeboats should be hung higher than they are now, i.e. their tops should be in line with the top of the superstructure, but I am probably nitpicking here :-P

- the covered decks in the stern section need some reworking too.

- you should paint more windows on the superstructure (you can try and overlay windows from the hi-res picture to your texture to recreate exactly the same pattern), and many more hatches on the hull.

- most historical pictures and illustrations display funnel stacks painted with a much more brilliant shade of red than your current texture.

That's all the (positive) criticism that I can think of at the moment. As for the rest, if not identical to the real thing, your model comes very close to it

Last edited by gap; 09-11-16 at 04:40 AM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote