Thread: [REL] patSH3r - Reborn
View Single Post
Old 01-25-16, 06:43 PM   #155
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Hi LGN1,

thatīs quite simple: I use the given tools of the F5 map. After having drawn the course, I retrace the track by using the ruler for a persistent plot. At sundown / sunrise, I draw a horizontal line with appropriate length to the given time (e.g. when sunrise is at 06.15 i draw a horizontal line with 6.1km length) at the current position. So, when reading the map, I can predict the next sunrise and I can measure the distance having moved between two sunrises (a kind of daily "etmal"). The measuring time is when the redlight turns on or off.

Every few hours I also use the Atlas echolot to measure the depth (at least near the coast). I mark the depth in the map by using the "compass" and draw a circle with a radius appropriate to the depth. With this markings, I can see whether thereīs a significant descent or an increase of depth without trusting the colour of the map too much.

Another thing is, if I use the same way for retour, I already know the dephts quite exactly.

Concerning the technical checks: I use my own improved and optimized gauges with switched-on control lights (so called Bordinstrumente_Patch) with which I can precisely read the correct values of the most important instruments. E.g., at the beginning of each patrol, I make a new speed table with knots and rpms for every machine status, thus I can immediatly see on the instruments if something is getting wrong. I also pay attention on the control lamps, because at 100% realism settings, I cannot look outside the boat and control if both screws are turning or not and if recharching the batteries is the reason for slower movement. Same with the compressed air and oxygen (really vital especially if you use h.sieīs resp. Stieblerīs oxygen mod).

What I also sometimes do is to check the diesel consumption by measuring distance and time and I compare the results with the report of my helmsman to predict my remaining operational area and to keep in mind the needs of getting back to my base. Btw, the the sea state has a huge influence on diesel consumption.

There are lots of helpful information giving by the game to use it in an operational or tactical way, although it sounds not that exiting. But surely the kaleuns then did that too.

Sorry for getting off topic

Best regards
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote