View Single Post
Old 04-21-18, 08:36 AM   #12
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
You're right, it may have been in TMO 1.9 +. Although I wasn't playing TMO at the time I remember thinking what an interesting idea; make the Control Room much longer, then add bulkheads with wardrooms on both sides of the long hall. There weren't enough assets available to do it in the game though. In some of Vickers01 interiors you could still enter the door (pass through it with freecam) and see the dim glow of the interior, however it couldn't be finished with enough assets for the real CR interior to render as we are used to seeing it.

It seemed like an easy idea for a while, plans were drawn up, then the letdown because of the lighting issue.

Happy Hunting!
Fotrs Ultimate v0.63 has the Radio Room/Captains Quarters portrayed on all subs. Small differences between subs interiors such as wall hanging posters, metal or wood grain Captains room interior, charts on desks or bed etc. You either just "walk through" the closed "highlightable" hatch door into the Radio Room from the Command Room; click on the "highlightable" hatch door for entry/exit; or use the "\" key to go directly to the Radio Room.

And yes, as I was working on adding additional rooms to the SH4 Command Room model, (thanks to some very good models from SHIII modelers), the lighting effects were a problem when a room light down beyond several bulkheads could be seen through the walls! I haven't looked at it in years.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote