Old 09-09-21, 08:40 AM   #40
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-58396698

Compare to what I wrote four years ago in the very first posting here:
Quote:
It can be technology-caused, but reports on people hearing a strange humming sound date back centuries already. In Britain it became known since the 50s, in America it was examined in depth in New Mexico in the town of Taos in the be late 80s (thus the phenomeneon often gets called as The Taos Hum), and since some years there even are live recordings of the sound in the air. This is critical, since there are as many explanations for accoustic wave sources as there are theories for electromagnetic wave sources. We know that some people can "hear'" the Aurora Borealis, some people can hear the entrance of meteors into the upper layers of Earth's atmosphere , both phenomenons produce immense quantums of electromagnetic energy that the human body may fetch up like an antenna would do - maybe with the nervous system or parts of the brain, both functioning bioelectrical, or with the skin. Accoustic waves can be received also by the bones of the human body, and the skin.

In the early sixties, a scientist at the Cornell university in New York demonstrated that people who since their birth had no aural nerves, could get accoucstic perceptions by exposing their brain to (harmless) electromagnetic waves. It got described as a cracking, chaotic rumbling sound. While maintainign the exposition, the perception could be interrupted when putting a plaster with I think metallic fibres on their foreheads, so that the exposition of the brain was reduced or completly blocked.

My own problem with the Hum has meanwhile ended once. I lied awake in bed, then raised early, and all of a sudden just within the hum, it was gone from one split second to the next, as if a switch had been flipped.

I know a man in my neighbourhood, who also heard it, mand my father. They too didnot hear it since that time.

However, it had gone on again last autumn, and then suddenly died off again in early spring this year. Same for my father.

I had always the idea that somehow our hightech and electrical environment has something to do with it.

Private attempts to clear this up, all faltered, the authorities refused to assist in any ways, the state governments that were adressed , actively hindred all such attempts where they could. AFAIK, in Germany all private organisations that formed up and tried to track it nation-wide, meanwhile have given up and switched off in frustration. Nobody knows, nobody talks about it, all and everybody ignore it as best as they can.

Scenarios I can imagine many, but necessarily they all are speculative.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-09-21 at 08:49 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote