View Single Post
Old 08-14-17, 06:11 PM   #539
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
You are right. I'm sorry. it was just an idea.
I think you misunderstood my answer: I am into whichever suggestion might improve this mod, and I like very much your idea. Please point me to any sound effect that you think might be fit for it

BTW: I have bad news regarding the wind-aligned spray particles. I have replaced our particle generators with one from SH5. It works, but after trying many settings and setting combinations, I couldn't get our particles to follow the in-game wind. I think the additional PG parameters introduced with SH5, are simply ignored by SHIII.

At this point, I guess that our only hope would be an hardcoded patch by our wizards: Stiebler, h.sie and the likes. While we wait for their magic, what should we do with our particles? Should we scrap the fake wind, or keep it? and if so, what wind direction should we set?

Quote:
I have been playing with the placement Y value to get the splashes visible during lower wind speeds, with 0.5 showing splashes less frequently at 10 m/s than at 15 m/s and very seldom at 5 m/s. I found your setting of 1.5 didn't show much at 10m/s but then that may have been just that time I loaded the mission.
1.5 means 15m above the seabed level. i.e. 2m below the sea level in the point on map that our lighthouse is placed at. Anyway I don't think placement nodes' Y value to be critical, as the library FX node attached to them is set as a floating object and its Y position varies with wave height. The small wave effect is triggered when the floating node has an height of 18 or more metres above the seabed (i.e. wave height equal or bigger than 1m), whereas the bigger splash spawns at an height of 18 above the seabed (wave height = 2m or more)

Quote:
There seems to be a lack of input/interest from elsewhere in the community. I'll try and find a solution to my question, but I'm nowhere near as knowledgable in this area as you or Kendras - where is he by the way?
Kendras sent me a PM. He is in holidays like many other subsim comrades. I think in a couple of weeks the forum will be a more lively place. By then, the first release version of our lighthouse mod will be out, and hopefully there will be more interest around it

Last edited by gap; 08-14-17 at 06:21 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote