View Single Post
Old 08-19-14, 04:24 PM   #11
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Interestig thread.

A while back I had discovered with the help of a subsim mate who owns the steam varsion of the game, that replacing the Steam executable with the regular one, was enough to get the generic pather to work, while retaining intact game functionalities (including copy protection and tonnage awarding). I couldn't make the discovery fully public, as this method would have involved the sharing of SH5.exe by a private user, and I wasn't sure that Ubisoft would have considered it a legitimate method.
Apllying to the official patch, wich was made freely available by Ubisoft itself, the legitimacy of the new method suggested by the OP should definitely be out of question, though its application might be out of the reach of computer iliterates.
Automating the process into the generic patcher would be, no doubt, a further step forward. Nonetheless, I think that an unpacked version of the patch 1.12 is already available on the web. While TDW is working on his automated steam patcher, maybe some Steam user could try and replace his exe with the one of the unpacked patch.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote