Thread: ENEMY AIRCRAFT
View Single Post
Old 02-12-18, 11:11 AM   #5
chazsi
A-ganger

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Just had this problem and almost ended a great career. Playing Fall of the Rising Sun beta

Forced down to approaching aircraft. At radar depth I was still "seen" and attacked though not damaged. Went to periscope depth.

After a thirty game minutes back to radar depth, that aircraft was departing so I surfaced. In very short order another aircraft from a different direction came straight for me. Back to radar depth. Still seen and attacked though I was at radar depth when he was still over 6 miles away.

Looked at external free cam. Ocean looked like a swimming pool it was so flat and calm. Only my antenna sticking up making a white wake. Back to periscope depth for thirty minutes.

Poked back up to radar depth. He's still there and headed back for me. Back to periscope depth. Waited thirty minutes more. And back to radar depth.

He's gone, surface to recharge batteries. About thirty minutes later, here come two more aircraft. Not right for me this time but darn near. And I had NO time to recharge batteries.

Straight to periscope depth and turned right 45 degrees to alter course in case I'm being "ratted out." Stayed under for a solid hour.

Surfaced and only ran about an hour and a half before more aircraft approached. This continued all day.

Obviously I spent a LOT more time submerged than on the surface. We all know the inherent problems with that. Lack of distance traveled and eventual death due to no battery power and unable to recharge them forcing surface travel regardless.

My batteries were down to about 32% when nightfall came and I'd never been so grateful to see the sun go down.

I recharged all night long and LUCKILY the next day saw no early attacks. Good thing cause the ocean was like glass again. I had altered course again over night rather dramatically.

I really thought i would end this career with death by aircraft after being forced to run surfaced with no battery power. Those aircraft can be DEADLY even when using Rocking Robbins great strategy and advice.
chazsi is offline   Reply With Quote