View Single Post
Old 07-03-17, 01:43 PM   #2
Wildcat
Engineer

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0

RA is pretty good but I also like LWAMI.

They are not compatible mods so you have to make a separate DW install for each one.

RA has more platforms and is the only "living" mod for DW at the moment.

LWAMI has better looking 3d models and the sensors tend to be more sensitive. Broadband contacts play a big part of LWAMI whereas RA emphasizes narrowband contacts.

RA's USNI information is a total mess - it's very disorganized, full of erroneous information (i.e. the mast heights for many / most ships is wrong) and the layout of information changes randomly, i.e. the weapon specs may appear at the top and the weapon description at the bottom for one weapon, but it may be reversed for a different weapon. Sometimes spelling or grammar errors make it impossible to understand what's being said.

LWAMI's USNI info is fantastic. LWAMI also has very good coverage of the Chinese fleet so if you like playing vs China, LWAMI is a good mod.

Both are worth having, but the future is with RA for the moment. It's disorganized but it is a good mod and the author tries his best. It is mostly a 1 man job with a few other contributors doing models and other artwork. I would say that there is probably a bias towards the Russian equipment and weapons, but it's not too bad. The Russian equipment definitely gets more attention though and each patch seems to bring new changes or features to Russian subs, while the American subs may just get skipped over until a major overhaul is ready.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote