View Single Post
Old 12-11-14, 08:09 AM   #1040
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Lanzfeld,

Quote:
1. . . Do we HAVE to use fatigue in order to make NYGM repair model work?
I regret that I do not know. Observer did all this work for NYGM, and he departed a long time ago.
Quote:
2. [Holes in the U-boat. . .] This should really make the boat unable to dive but I am sensing that this might be out of the modders hands.
The seriousness of holes in the U-boat depends entirely on whether the pressure hull has been breached. Assume not.
Quote:
I really want to give the patch "realistic repair times" a shot in NYGM but I have read it is not compatible. Is there a certain area that is not compatible?
It was H.sie who made a new damage model in hard-code, but I was always happy with that of NYGM. However, I did a lot of testing with H.sie's model, mostly by ramming the U-boat aground near Bergen - lots of rammings, time after time. Sometimes CTDs occurred. That is the reason I do not recommend the H.sie hard-code damage model for NYGM, although I have seen several users (including Oblt Strand, above) write that they have had no difficulties.
However, H.sie adapted his hard-code damage for GWX, which has a damage model different from NYGM, so there is no reason to believe that the settings for H.sie's code are correct anyway (for NYGM).

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote